Parents whose children attend The Hillside School and Learning Center are not only encouraged to participate in their child’s Hillside experience, they are expected to. Our Parent Support Program for full-time students requires up to 20 hours of service per year for a two-parent family and 10 hours of service for a single parent family. Parents of funded students are not required to do volunteer/community service, but most of them do anyway.
In lieu of service, however, parents may contribute $10 per service hour required.
Class Attendance Parental Support Hours
1 – 2 classes 4 Hours
3 – more classes 20 hours (for a two-parent family)
10 hours (for a one-parent family)
Parents may participate in a number of ways:
- Drive on field trips
- Chaperone for the overnight “desert trip”
- Attend on-campus events (back-to-school night, Art shows, drama performances, fundraisers, etc.)
- Attend, bring food, help set up, clean up for our Thanksgiving Feast
- Attend parent work days (parents work at school, doing maintenance-type work)
- Help with mailings
- Buy classroom/office supplies
- Provide food for staff for “teacher/staff appreciation week”